NOVAIR Oxygen supply for emergencies is an absolute necessity on just about any size marine vessel where people are spending the night in a ship surrounded by water, far from rapid assistance. Oxygen (O2) is a critical component to have on a large cruise ship with hundreds, or even thousands of people on board. On such ships, the statistics dictate that medical emergencies not only can, but most definitely ‘will’ arise. Delivering and storing dangerous cylinders of medical-grade oxygen poses huge safety risks in the marine industry, whether on vessels stuffed with vacationers, large transport ships, or even small barges.
Challenges With Oxygen for Ships
The problem in dealing with oxygen for ships is that:
- Rapid access to large amounts of medical oxygen is just not possible when far out at sea.
- Constantly delivering costly and dangerous cylinders back and forth increases safety risks several-fold
- Logistics of oxygen delivery is never a sure thing, as the COVID Pandemic has taught us—meaning life-saving oxygen may not always be available before a ship head’s out
- Space for large oxygen cylinders on a ship is always greatly constrained and limited by many factors, making oxygen availability a constant concern
NOVAIR’s Cost-effective, Compact, Tailor-made Solution for the Marine Industry
NOVAIR USA’s compact on-board PSA oxygen generators for the marine industry pose the best solution to guarantee safe, compact, and economical oxygen supply is readily available 24x7x365 for any type of ship. Having a PSA oxygen generator right in the ship’s sick bay means that medical-grade oxygen can be produced from just ambient air, simply using the electricity available on board to generate up to 96% medical grade oxygen directly, or to fill small oxygen bottles for pennies. NOVAIR’s marine oxygen generator solution allows for:
- Total autonomy from logistics headaches
- Medical-grade oxygen availability 24x7x365, regardless of where the ship is on the planet
- The end of expensive oxygen cylinder delivery charges at far flung ports
- A much safer environment for everyone on board
- Much more space availability on the ship
- Worry-free oxygen respiratory care for passengers as O2 filled cylinders are always available
NOVAIR already works with many of the world’s top global cruise lines that have placed its compact oxygen generators on board, as well as at ports-of-call. One such large ship where you can find a NOVAIR oxygen generator is the COMMANDANT CHARCOT, which is a 30,000 ton Antarctic exploration vessel with around 450 passengers and crew. The COMMANDANT CHARCOT sails in the most extreme conditions on the planet, and is often far from civilization, meaning it depends on NOVAIR’s generators to make sure its passengers always have access to oxygen in any emergency. NOVAIR has developed a tailor-made self-contained compact solution for the ship, greatly pleasing the designers, engineers, and crew.
The ship’s company, PONANT, has officially stated:
“PONANT is very proud to have innovated again on the ship Le Commandant Charcot by installing for the first time on a cruise ship a self-contained medical oxygen production unit. This new system contributes to the safety of our operations in extreme polar environments, in compliance with regulatory requirements.”
If you operate marine vessels of any size, we welcome you to talk with a NOVAIR USA representative today to discuss which tailor-made compact oxygen systems can be appropriately fitted to your ships, ensuring the safest, most cost-effective way to always have life-saving oxygen on board.